Butterfinger Mounds

by on March 2, 2006 · 9 comments

I’m calling these “Butterfinger Mounds” because the flavor reminds me of Butterfinger bars. Plus, I read somewhere (maybe the wrapper?) that Butterfingers are made with ground up Corn Flakes, so it makes sense.

bloghumps.jpg

Butterfinger Mounds

2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/4 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups corn flakes

Place butter, sugar and corn syrup in a medium sized microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for about 1 minute or until bubbly. Stir to dissolve sugar. Quickly stir in butterscotch chips and stir until chips are melted. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla and stir until smooth. Stir in corn flakes.

Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a waxed paper lined cookie sheet. Let sit until firm or chill until firm.

Makes 12

Published on March 2, 2006

emily March 2, 2006 at 1:50 pm

I never knew butterfinger’s were made from cornflakes.That’s really weird,’cause I dislike cornflakes but love me a Butterfinger!lol

val March 2, 2006 at 3:30 pm

you’re killing me. (still dieting. it’s been over a week since I’ve baked.)

val March 2, 2006 at 3:31 pm

they look great, btw! I’ll save the recipe for later.

Erika March 2, 2006 at 4:36 pm

Oh my, these aren’t good for my healthy resolve either.Good thing this only makes 12, because I need to make some as soon as I get to the store for the butterscotch chips.

Joe March 2, 2006 at 9:22 pm

Hmm.. too bad I used the last of our cornflakes last night – I’ll remember these when we have excess again! I love butterfingers!

Sweetnicks March 2, 2006 at 10:21 pm

I know what I’m making this weekend… ;)

Erika March 3, 2006 at 9:59 am

Mmm!These are REALLY good Anna. They really do taste like Butterfingers, without that annoying stick-in-your-teeth chewiness. Zander is really enjoying them too. With a preparation that takes zero time, this is a great find. Thanks so much for sharing!

Anna March 3, 2006 at 12:06 pm

Erika, thanks for trying them!I am glad everyone was interested in this little quickie.

KAnn March 4, 2006 at 12:15 pm

This is the first recipe I have seen that is similar to one of my grandmother’s! It is a no-bake cookie that she began making in 1964 or so…we always laugh as it sounds so silly but people just rave about them!! I posted her recipe on the Cooking Light Board a couple of years ago. The peanut butter/butterscotch chips and cornflakes are a great, if not sophisticated, combination! Thanks, Anna!