Credit goes to Dreena Burton, whose original version of this recipe is in her book, Livin’ La Vida Vegan!
Maple-Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
A stir and bake chocolate chip cookie recipe without eggs or butter. Over the years I've experimented with different types of vegetable oil. I usually stick with canola, but these are also very good with coconut oil.
Author: Cookie Madness
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup all purpose flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract -- (1 to 2)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and soda. Add sugar and salt and stir again.
- In a separate bowl, combine syrup, molasses, vanilla and oil.
- Make a funnel in the flour mixture and pour liquid into it. Stir to combine.
- Add chips and nuts and nuts, being careful not to overmix.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or just-set. Don't over bake.
- Remove from oven and place cookies on cooling rack.
- Serves: 8-12
- Note: These last a long time and taste great chilled.