This recipe is from an old issue of Family Circle. I followed it as stated, but as I just mentioned threw in some extra marshmallows with the crème, used broken up Hershey Bars instead of the kisses and underbaked the center by about 5 minutes. They have a big, dense graham cracker crust layer which tastes good but is very crumbly.
14 whole graham cracker boards — crushed (2 1/4 cups
3 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter — (3/4 stick) melted
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate — chopped
3/4 cup butter — (1 1/2 sticks)
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 jar marshmallow cream (about 1 1/2 cups) — (7.5 ounces)
2 tablespoons milk
1 cup mini chocolate kisses
3 whole graham cracker boards — broken up
1. Heat oven to 350°.
2. Crust: Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, salt and melted butter in a small bowl until the dry ingredients are evenly moistened. Transfer the crumb mixture to a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan; press crumb mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan, pressing the crumbs evenly into the corners and along the sides of the pan. Refrigerate the crust until chilled and set.
3. Brownie: Combine the bittersweet chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe glass bowl or glass measuring cup. Heat chocolate mixture in a microwave oven on high until the chocolate and butter are melted, about 1 minute. Stir the chocolate mixture until smooth.
4. With a hand-held electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat together the eggs and sugar in a large bowl until well blended. Reduce the speed to medium. While continuing to beat, gradually add the melted chocolate-butter mixture to the egg mixture; beat until the mixture is smooth, scraping down the side of the bowl occasionally.
5. Stir the flour and salt into the egg mixture. Then stir in the vanilla until smooth. Scrape the brownie mixture into the crust-lined baking pan; smooth the top level with a rubber spatula.
6. Bake in 350° oven for 30 minutes or until the top is smooth and the center is set when gently pressed with fingertip.
7. Topping: While the brownie layer is baking, whisk together the marshmallow cream and the milk in a small bowl until the mixture is well blended and smooth.
8. Pour the marshmallow topping mixture over the brownie layer in the pan. Spread or tilt the pan to level the topping and cover the brownie layer completely.
9. Sprinkle the mini chocolate kisses evenly over the marshmallow topping. Then scatter the crumbled graham crackers all over the top.
10. Bake in 350° oven for 3 minutes or until the chocolate kisses are glossy and the marshmallow topping is set. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Makes:24 bars Prep: 25 minutes. Cook: 2 minutes. Bake: at 350° for 33 minutes.