Rosie’s Bakery Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies

These cookies are from Rosie’s Bakery Cookie Book, which I love. The recipes are great and Judy Rosenberg does an amazing job of explaining semi-complicated things. However, she does use some crazy measurements and this crunchy chocolate chip cookie recipe is case in point. Half an egg yolk?

I found the original recipe, reprinted with permission, HERE. It’s the Fresh Direct site and it might ask you for your zip code.

crunchy chocolate chip cookies

End result. Very good! Thickish, but with some crunch. My only advice is if you cook the cookies at 400 degrees, to check the cookies at 10 minutes. If you know your oven runs hot, use 375 degrees. My oven runs true (as the pros say) and my cookies were done 10 minutes at 400 F. Also ¾ cup of chocolate chips? Is that some kind of a joke? Increase them! Toasted walnuts are optional, but I added them and they were delicious.

Comments

1. Laurel says

I get a strange site from your link to the recipe – it could be me, but you might check it. Thank you for all your wonderful recipes! I check your site several times a day for new ones, and surf the other recipes for hours over and over again. It amazes me that you put out so many recipes!

2. ling says

Hi Anna, these look good! Would you mind posting the recipe within your post. I seem to have problems accessing the link that you posted. Hope you don’t mind. Thanks so much! Would love to try the recipe out.

I’ve been to Rosie’s bakery! I don’t use the library often enough, so maybe I’ll go…Laura needs something to cheer her up these days I’d bet:)

Although I’m not a crunchy cookie person, these look appealing…but you’re right about the funky measurements – what is up with that??

Those look so perfect! I’m not a crunchy cookie fan either but those look tasty enough that I’d be convinced. A new library just opened up right next to our house so its like having a never ending cookbook collection. I love it.

5. Therese says

Anna;

Hey girl…I keep getting a Fresh Direct when I attempt at the link for the cookie recipe?

I love the library, but I often fail to get those books back in time myself…arggh!
    That is why I love goodwill…our local chapter has some really good books/reasonabley priced
    and it helps the community! I will have to check to see if they have this book!

Years and years ago( probably 15), I bought my mom Rosie’s first book. My mom loved it( I own it too), but have never made anything from it. Do you have that book?

7. Meredith says

I let our library lend out “Mom’s Big Book of Cookies”. And, if the borrower PROMISES to return it w/in 2 weeks, and appears to be a very honest and upright kitchen connoisseur, “The Baker’s Field Guide to Chocolate Chip Cookies.”

I just bought Rosie’s Cookie Cookbook on Ebay for $1.50. They had even more for immediate purchase. I enjoy collecting cookbooks. They had lots of different ones.

Anna, do you have a bunch of the Chocolate Chip Cookie cookbooks I saw?

I’m doing good, haven’t even opened the container with all of yesterday’s cookies in it! ; )

9. Therese says

Anna:

Yes! I had to put in the zip code and my email to get the recipe. Thank you!!

I am trying to get some spring cleaning done…..SOMEONE talk me out it!!

10. amy says

As a fellow library proponent, I wanted to mention our library sends e-mail reminders 3 days before books are due and then again the day before the books are due. Also you can renew and request books or just browse the catalog all online.

I used to ride my bike to the library with my mom & sister, and later on my own before I had my driver’s license.

Those cookies look yummy. We are still making our way through the Big Fat copy cats (levian bakery) which my husband proclaimed were the best cc cookies I have ever made (and I’ve made a lot)!

Rosie’s is a Massachusetts staple. We have been there countless times over the years. It may have helped that I went to grade school with Judy’s son that encouraged us to go and continue going to the bakery. Generally the baked goods are good they have now expanded to having more lunch type things like soup in the location near me. The cookies they have are really good, you can depend on them so solve an afternoon crash with a sweet treat.

12. Chelsea says

Hmm, I got the Fresh Direct link, and when I typed in my zip it said unavailable. :/
    Those look really yummy though! Hubby’s a soft cookie fan, but I love them a little crispy! 😉

Chelsea, I just emailed it to you.

It’s still working for me. If problems persist, just try putting Rosie’s Bakery Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies into Google. I found it on Fresh Direct and some bulletin board where it was paraphrased. I like the Fresh Direct version because it is straight out of the book.

14. candy says

made them today.very delicious!!ive been searching for crunchy ccc.me and my family are not a big fan of soft and chewy ccc and this recipe is perfect!!very crunchy,not too sweet,light and yummy!!thank u for sharing.im going to try another recipe from this site that use shortening instead of butter.hopefully they will turn out as good as this one! 🙂

Hi Candy,

Thanks for reminding me about this recipe. If you like buying cookies, I highly recommend any of the Rosie’s Bakery cookbooks as well. Also, if I get a chance I will email you some recommendations for good shortening-based cookies.