Tin Tie Bags from Box and Wrap

I give away a lot of cookies and my favorite way of packing them is in tin tie bags.

tin tie bag

I love tin tie bags because aside from looking classy, they keep cookies fresh. Theyโ€™re also fairly economical when you compare them to other types of containers. You can’t buy them at stores, but you can order them on-line from various paper companies. In fact, yesterday I received an email from Sabita at Box & Wrap telling me about her company. I checked their website and they have my favorite tin tie bags for $24.00 per 100. For some extra $$, you can even get your own logo stamped onto your bags.

I donโ€™t have a logo, but I can always use tin tie bags. They have a lot of other interesting packing materials as well.

Comments

1. Louise says

I never thought of using those. I always use the Hefty aluminum cake pans with plastic lids which hold about 1.25 for round or 1.5 lbs. for square. Your idea is much cheaper as mine cost $1 or more each. Sometimes I’m able to get tins at the Cherrydale Factory (that’s a fund raising company) sale for really cheap, but I can’t count on it. I think I’ll invest in some bags and maybe get a rubber stamp to personalize them. ๐Ÿ™‚

for the holidays this year, i went to michael’s and bought tin boxes with a winter theme. but i think these bags are perfect for everyday use! ๐Ÿ™‚

Louise, I think you will love the tin tie bags. Sometimes I think my friends are more impressed with the bags than the cookies! The bags are especially great for biscotti. The rubber stamp is a great idea, but you can also decorate with homemade labels or stickers.

Pearl, I love Michael’s! As for cookie tins, they’re great for keeping things fresh, but they take up so much space. Plus, when I use tins people try to give them back. I think they do it a) to be nice and b) because they don’t want tins taking up a lot of space.

You can actually use the tin tie bags over and over again too.

Sally, I’m not really sure. I buy the bags that hold 1 pound of cookies so my guestimate would be that I get about 12-15 cookies in a bag. Not sure about that.

5. Joanna says

I love your blog, I work at home as a tech writer for HP, but I LOVE to bake (mostly cookies) and I read your blog almost every day! You have awesome recipes, and I love your narratives and anecdotes about your family. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Thanks so much for all the resources (such as the tin tie bags). I am in Colorado Springs, and I mostly shop at Safeway and Walmart, but sometimes a really cool recipe comes around and you are so helpful in letting everyone know where to go for and providing pictures of harder-to-find ingredients. I really love your site. ๐Ÿ™‚

I bought some tin tie bags a couple of years ago when you mentioned them here on your blog. I love them and get so many compliments on them!

I have brown and think I may try white for my next box. Thanks for the great recommendation!

7. Melissa says

I love your tin tie bag idea! I am looking to sell cookies and brownies this summer at a Farmers Market, and would love to use these, but they seem too big for just 1 brownie (or 2 cookies). Any other ideas on classy bags that will keep things fresh, on a smaller scale?

Hi Melissa,

For brownies, I’d go with the little cellophane treat bags they sell at Michael’s and cake decorating stores. Those are great for brownies.