Tin Tie Bags from Box and Wrap

by on January 27, 2009 · 9 comments

I give away a lot of cookies and my favorite way of packing them is in tin tie bags. I love tin tie bags because aside from looking classy, they keep cookies fresh. They’re also fairly economical when you compare them to other types of containers. You can’t buy them at stores, but you can order them on-line from various paper companies. In fact, yesterday I received an email from Sabita at Box & Wrap telling me about her company. I checked their website and they have my favorite tin tie bags for $24.00 per 100. For some extra $$, you can even get your own logo stamped onto your bags.

I don’t have a logo, but I can always use tin tie bags. They have a lot of other interesting packing materials as well.

Published on January 27, 2009

Louise January 27, 2009 at 11:43 am

I never thought of using those. I always use the Hefty aluminum cake pans with plastic lids which hold about 1.25 for round or 1.5 lbs. for square. Your idea is much cheaper as mine cost $1 or more each. Sometimes I’m able to get tins at the Cherrydale Factory (that’s a fund raising company) sale for really cheap, but I can’t count on it. I think I’ll invest in some bags and maybe get a rubber stamp to personalize them. :-)

Pearl January 27, 2009 at 11:52 am

for the holidays this year, i went to michael’s and bought tin boxes with a winter theme. but i think these bags are perfect for everyday use! :)

Anna January 27, 2009 at 12:56 pm

Louise, I think you will love the tin tie bags. Sometimes I think my friends are more impressed with the bags than the cookies! The bags are especially great for biscotti. The rubber stamp is a great idea, but you can also decorate with homemade labels or stickers.

Pearl, I love Michael’s! As for cookie tins, they’re great for keeping things fresh, but they take up so much space. Plus, when I use tins people try to give them back. I think they do it a) to be nice and b) because they don’t want tins taking up a lot of space.

You can actually use the tin tie bags over and over again too.

Sally January 27, 2009 at 1:32 pm

How many cookies do you typically get in the size of tin tie bag that you buy?

Anna January 27, 2009 at 1:36 pm

Sally, I’m not really sure. I buy the bags that hold 1 pound of cookies so my guestimate would be that I get about 12-15 cookies in a bag. Not sure about that.

Joanna January 27, 2009 at 2:42 pm

I love your blog, I work at home as a tech writer for HP, but I LOVE to bake (mostly cookies) and I read your blog almost every day! You have awesome recipes, and I love your narratives and anecdotes about your family. :)
Thanks so much for all the resources (such as the tin tie bags). I am in Colorado Springs, and I mostly shop at Safeway and Walmart, but sometimes a really cool recipe comes around and you are so helpful in letting everyone know where to go for and providing pictures of harder-to-find ingredients. I really love your site. :)

Lauren January 27, 2009 at 5:25 pm

I bought some tin tie bags a couple of years ago when you mentioned them here on your blog. I love them and get so many compliments on them!

I have brown and think I may try white for my next box. Thanks for the great recommendation!

Melissa April 4, 2011 at 2:12 pm

I love your tin tie bag idea! I am looking to sell cookies and brownies this summer at a Farmers Market, and would love to use these, but they seem too big for just 1 brownie (or 2 cookies). Any other ideas on classy bags that will keep things fresh, on a smaller scale?

Anna April 4, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Hi Melissa,

For brownies, I’d go with the little cellophane treat bags they sell at Michael’s and cake decorating stores. Those are great for brownies.