BHG Coconut-Macaroon Cheesecake

It rained all morning here in Austin – perfect baking weather. But I am sorry to admit I spent the whole morning (seriously) glued to my computer reading about beach vacations in L.A. I wanted to bake, but wasn’t motivated.

My friends at Better Homes & Gardens must have sensed something was wrong, because they sent  an email with links to some of their more spring-like recipes. This one in particular caught my eye. It’s a coconut macaroon cheesecake. Is coconut in this year, or what?

cheesecake

Better Homes & Gardens Coconut Macaroon Cheesecake

Comments

I just made a coconut lime cake for my friend’s b-day yesterday. There has been a lot of coconutty things around lately. ;) That cheesecake looks killer!

2. Louise says

I love coconut cake, but they start putting certain combinations with the coconut and it start smelling like suntan lotion to me. :-(

Vacations on the beach in L.A.? Count me in. Since I won’t be going to Italy anytime soon, California will have to do.

If you are going to LA I’m going to scream. First Italy now LA, my hometown? Wahhhhh, not fair.
    You know what I am always on the lookout for? I had this banana cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory and it knocked my socks off. I want to find a decent clone-like recipe for it. Next on my list is a coconut cheesecake recipe.

5. Jasmine says

I’VE MADE THAT!!! last year I did for a dinner party for my brother! EVERYONE love it!!! Honestly it was the best version of Cheesecake i’ve had!

I noticed in the ‘Mix it up with Betty Crocker’ competition that ALL of the winners had coconut–I felt a responsibility to vote in it, given you highlighted it in your blog, but I couldn’t because I don’t like coconut! I guess it is a trend, though!

Hi Everyone!

Steph, I thought this one was interesting too. It’s a coconut cream pie, cheesecake and macaroon all in one!

Megan and Dawn, I collect air miles and hotel points like a maniac.

Jasmine, that is good to hear! I should put a note that you made it and it was the hit of the party. I guess that’s why BHG sent me the photo.