Cookie and Cupcake Packaging — Plastic Container City

UPDATED as per PCC’s comment. Here’s a link to the newly designed site.

Plastic Container City

——————————————————————————–

This weekend Rina told me about a good place to buy packaging materials for baked goods — Plastic Container City.

Cupcake Packaging

Rina purchased her cupcake boxes from Plastic Container City, and after my experience packing that same cupcake container in my suitcase (this time, with only 7 cakes), I can tell you that the containers are reliable and not dingy. They stay shut and while the cupcakes did become “unnested” from their little grooves when thrown around with the airport baggage, they were fine and dandy when they arrived home. Well, except for the frosting. But you won’t be throwing your cupcakes around like that, right?   And I think I could have prevented that with toothpicks, but I didn’t have any in the hotel.

What’s nice about Plastic Container City is you can buy things by the piece. For instance, the cupcake boxes like the one in the photo are only 45 cents each. There is a minimum $25.00 purchase requirement, but based on how much there is to choose from, that should be an easy requirement to fill. If you’re like me, you’ll probably go way over. Here are a few things that caught my eye — things you can’t buy at the local craft store.

Paper Molds for Cupcakes and Muffins
Cute Single Portion items
Cookie Bags — White ones with windows
Candy Apple Containers — Neat! You can make candy apples like the ones they sell in gourmet stores and give them to teachers.

Comments

Oooh! I was just talking to my friend, Claire, about this place the other day. She makes amazing vegan cupcakes, and brought some to us this summer. They were each in these dandy little individual containers, that felt fancy, and also kept the cupcakes fresh and pristine. When I asked her about the containers last week, she said they were from Plastic Container City, and we had a chuckle at the idea of building a city out of plastic containers. ;) (very easily amused)

This is great, I would prefer to use the cardboard ones, but some of my cupcakes go under the cardboard cutout and get messed up so I very much appreciate you sharing. I wonder if they do a bulk discount?

3. melissa says

hello just wondering if they sent u a tracking number after your purchase
    because i tried calling but no one answer i need to make a change on my order ! how was your experience with the CO ?

Melissa, I don’t remember getting a tracking order. I think you might just have to log in to whatever account you made and try to make the change on your order or call again.

5. Deb says

The tracking number was sent to me in an e-mail. I buy from Plastic Container City all the time, love them! Great customer service too!

6. Amanda says

There is a much better deal at cuptainers.com. I just purchases and received them withing a week. I ended up paying $0.03 per each cupcake I sell!!! Nothing can beat that!!!

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the great feedback regarding Plastic Container City. This post is from 09 and a lot has changed on our side. We just launched our new website and blog, but the customer service is still great ;-). We are a big fan of Cookiemadness and hope to see more great post from you Anna.

Spread Love,