The photo needs updating for sure, but this recipe for Brown Sugar & Honey Bars is perfect as-is. Unlike some pecan pie bar recipes, Brown Sugar & Honey Pecan bars do not contain eggs. The pecans are held together by the honey, butter and a small bit of heavy cream.
Brown Sugar & Honey Pecan Bars
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed (light or dark)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces cold butter cut up
- 4 ounces butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar packed (light)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans see note
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9 inch metal pan with non-stick foil or parchment. It's important to line the pan because these are very sticky.
- Prepare crust. Combine flour, brown sugar and salt in food processor and pulse 3 times to mix. Add butter and process until mixture is crumbly – it will be really dry. Pour over bottom of pan and press tightly. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the filling. In a heavy saucepan melt the butter. When the butter is completely melted, stir in brown sugar and honey. Simmer mixture for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in cream, vanilla and pecans.
- Pour the pecan mixture over crust and spread evenly. Bake on center rack for 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on a rack for at least an hour. To quick-cool, let them cool down as much as possible then shove them in the refrigerator. I had to do this.