There are so many ways to make chili that I rarely make it the same way twice, but this Quick Vegetarian Chili is so good that I actually wrote down the ingredient list to refer back to.
Quick Vegetarian Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 12 oz package of Boca ground beef crumbles frozen (or any brand)
- 2 14.5 oz. can diced tomato with celery, green pepper & onion (Hunts) – undrained
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained
- Optional Ingredients if Desired see note
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium. Add onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and cumin and heat for another 2 minutes. Add boca crumbles and stir well – infusing the boca crumbles with the cumin and other flavors. Now pour in both cans of tomatoes, chili powder, tomato puree, vegetable broth. Stir well, then add honey and smoked paprika. Simmer for 2 or 3 minutes, then add drained black beans.
- Makes about 8 cups.