These Colossal Double Chocolate White Chip Cookies are from a little cookbook called Easy Peasy Recipes by Heather and Lucinda Wallace. It’s not a fancy book and there’s barely any prose, but it’s a good, solid, little recipe collection and I haven’t had a failure from the book yet.
Here’s the recipe. If I get a chance I’ll post the recipe for the other cookies in the book — White Chip Orange!
Easy Peasy Cookie Recipes
- 4 cups all-purpose flour 530 grams
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Optional 1 1/2 teaspoons salt only if using unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups salted butter or margarine softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar 240 grams
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar 240 grams
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and baking soda (if using unsalted butter, add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt).
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
- Beat eggs and vanilla extract into butter mixture. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Stir in milk chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chips, and nuts.
- Drop by level ¼-cupfuls, about 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown. Allow cookies to cool for 2 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.