I first made these Jumbo 3 Chip Cookies as part of a Nestle Toll House promotion, and since then I’ve made them over and over.
I like them because they are thick and chewy and the dough is sturdy enough to hold loads and loads of chocolate. Jumbo 3 Chip Cookies get their name from the fact they have a trio of different chips including white chips, milk chocolate chips and semisweet. You can make them with the chips, but you can also use chunks. I like to buy 3 different bars of chocolate (milk, dark and white), cut them up and throw them in the dough. For even more chunks you can broken Oreos or M&Ms.
This version below makes 12 big cookies (sometimes get 14), but if you use the Jumbo 3 Chip Cookie recipe from Toll House, you’ll get 24. Whichever version you make, I recommend scooping the dough and then chilling the scooped mounds of dough for several hours before baking.
Jumbo 3 Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour I use 9.5 oz weight
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 sticks 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened**
- 1/2 teaspoon salt omit if using salted butter
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- About 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels or Butterscotch Morsels
- About 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/4 cup or more NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda in medium bowl. Beat butter, salt (if using), granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts (if using). Drop dough by level 1/4-cup measure 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets or if not baking right away, chill the dough.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.