Janet’s Honey Cookies are crackly, chewy and delicious! It don’t make the cookies as often as I wish, but when I do they are always a big hit.
Honey Cookies Flavor
What’s special about them is they have a delicious yet not overpowering honey flavor, because they are made with a mixture of both honey and sugar. The honey not only adds flavor, but a chewiness. Along with the chewiness, the cookies have lots of crinkles and cracks, so they’re pretty.
And finally — No mixer required! All you need is a bowl and a spoon.
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar don’t use less
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour Janet uses half AP and half white whole wheat — Measure by spooning and sweeping
- Sparkly sugar or Turbinado sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together oil, sugar, eggs, honey, baking soda, salt and vanilla. Mix well, then stir in the flour, stirring just until it is mixed in.
- Shape the cookies into balls about ¾ to 1 inch in diameter and roll them in sparkly sugar (or Turbinado). Place 2 ½ inches apart on ungreased or parchment lined cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes. They should be nicely browned around the edges, crackly and golden.