Vegan Oatmeal Cookies — a Cookie Madness Favorite
Vegan oatmeal cookies are are one of my most requested treats. I hope you like them! They’re very easy to prepare and require only a mixing bowl and a spoon. If you read the comments, you’ll see many people have made little changes and improvisations, so to me that signals a good recipe.
I hope you like Chewy Vegan Oatmeal Cookies. If you do, check out a few of the other vegan recipes I linked to below the photo. Thanks!
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour (3.25 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 scant teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (3 ½ oz)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup applesauce, drained on a paper towel
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raisins, plumped and patted dry
- Walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with Silpats.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Mix both sugars, maple syrup, apple sauce, oil and vanilla together in a medium bowl. Add the flour mixture and stir until blended. Stir in the oats, followed by raisins.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the cookie sheets. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Let cool for about 5-8 minutes on cookie sheets then carefully scoop up onto a wire rack.