Good Morning! I think I’ll start the week by linking to a seven year old article with three good looking cookie recipes — Painted Cookies, Spice Drops and Bill Yosses Chocolate Chip.
Bill Yosses Chocolate Chip
- 4 oz 1 stick unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened hazelnut paste or peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 vanilla beans seeds scraped out
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 oz chopped chocolate or chocolate chunks
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and both sugars until creamy. Beat in the hazelnut paste until smooth, then beat in the eggs one at a time. Beat in the scraped vanilla beans (or just use 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract).
- In a second bowl, thoroughly mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet, stirring until blended. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a large cookie scoop, drop dough onto a large parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly browned, 9-13 minutes. Cool the cookie sheets on a cooling rack before removing the cookies.