These chocolate chip cookies stuffed with brownies are variations on pillow cookies. I like the original recipe, but wanted to make a version with less baking powder. This is it. You’ll have enough dough for 10 Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 10 1 inch cubes approximate baked brownies, frozen
- 1 stick 114 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup 150 grams light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups 190 grams all-purpose flour, stir and spoon into cup or weigh
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- Don't preheat the oven yet because dough needs to chill.
- In a mixing bowl using high speed of an electric mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar until creamy. Reduce mixer speed to low and beat in the egg and vanilla, beating just until mixed. Do not overbeat. With mixer still on low, beat in the salt and baking powder.
- With a large mixing spoon, gradually stir in the flour. When flour is mixed in, add the white chips and the chocolate chips.
- Have ready a couple of dinner plates lined with plastic wrap. Scoop out 10 evenly portioned gobs of dough. Wrap each gob around a frozen brownie cube, then cover and chill for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange 5 cookies on a baking sheet (or use two baking sheets and put 5 cookies on each). Bake on parchment lined sheets for 12-15 minutes. Let cool on baking sheets for about 5 minutes, then carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- I like to bake these in a convection oven, as they seem to spread less.