If I had some white chocolate, I'd make this right now! Here's a link to the original recipe. I'll have to try this one even though it only has 3 stars. I'm guessing people used the wrong size loaf pan and didn't alter the baking time.
White Chocolate Banana Loaf
- ¼ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup pastry flour 5 oz
- 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup mashed banana
- ½ cup chopped white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 6 ½ x 3-inch loaf pan or use an 8x4 inch loaf pan. This recipe is designed for a smaller loaf pan, so if you use a standard size pan you'll need to adjust the bake time (and expect the loaf to be short and stumpy).
- Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together in a separate bowl, then add to creamed mixture alternately with banana. Fold in chopped white chocolate. Scrape batter into pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes until a tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a plate.
- When cool, melt remaining white chocolate and drizzle over the top of the loaf.