If I had some white chocolate, I’d make this right now! Here’s a link to the original recipe. I’ll have to try this one even though it only has 3 stars. I’m guessing people used the wrong size loaf pan and didn’t alter the baking time.
White Chocolate Banana Loaf
Small loaf of regular banana bread with white chocolate throughout.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup pastry flour 5 oz
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup chopped white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 6 ½ x 3-inch loaf pan or use an 8x4 inch loaf pan. This recipe is designed for a smaller loaf pan, so if you use a standard size pan you'll need to adjust the bake time (and expect the loaf to be short and stumpy).
- Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together in a separate bowl, then add to creamed mixture alternately with banana. Fold in chopped white chocolate. Scrape batter into pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes until a tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a plate.
- When cool, melt remaining white chocolate and drizzle over the top of the loaf.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I just got done eating a piece of this. I used all purpose flour. It is a nice change from regular banana bread, but IMO nothing beats the good ole regular nana bread!
You *are* on a white chocolate kick, aren’t you?
Looks like a great recipe! I just printed it off to try soon as I have more over-ripe bananas! Thanks for the link!
Can I use all purpose flower instead of pastry flour?
Karen, I guess this recipe is based on Maida’s.
Katrina, mango bread sounds interesting.
I made granola cookies today. Will post later.
You know I think it looks good. I just made some mango bread last night though, so we’ve got to eat that first. But I do have some ripe bananas! The other one that wasn’t picked for the challenge (with the yogurt) is almost exactly like the muffins I always make. I do muffins instead of loaves because the bake much faster and I can eat them faster! 😉
My favorite banana bread ever (and I have tried a lot) is a recipe with white chocolate from Maida Heatter. I use lindt white chocolate chopped smallish and it just melts into the bread but makes it so good.