These Peanut Butter and M&M cookies were kind of an afterthought – something to make in case the Bundt cake didn’t work out, plus a way to use up some M&M trail mix I found in the pantry. The results were great and I loved how the cookies developed crackly tops (probably due to all the sugar). Unless you happen to have trail mix with M&Ms, I recommend using plain M&Ms and peanuts in these.
Peanut Butter and M&M Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour 270 grams
- 1 teaspoon baking soda 5 ml
- 1 teaspoon salt 5 ml
- 8 oz 2 sticks unsalted butter (230 grams) -- cool butter, cut up
- 1 cup peanut butter smooth or crunchy (240 grams)
- 1 cup granulated sugar 192 grams
- 1 cup dark brown sugar 210 grams
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain MMs candy
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Cream butter and both sugars using high speed of an electric mixer for 3 solid minutes. Beat in the peanut butter, followed by eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour mixture, followed by candies and peanuts.
- Chill dough for about an hour. Scoop up by tablespoons and shape into balls. Bake for about 12 minutes.
- -- Not sure of the yield yet – will post after I bake all the dough!