This is a pretty old recipe for Jumbo Pumpkin Streusel Muffins. It’s been on Cookie Madness for a long time, and people seem to like it.
But as an example of how old this recipe is, here’s a picture of my daughter with the first batch. Now she’s in college.
And Lizzie is a senior corgi (who will still eat anything, as corgis do).
As I noted in my original post, these are gigantic. The good thing is that their size helps the muffins bake up with moist centers.
Jumbo Pumpkin Streusel Muffins Tin
Here’s a link to a jumbo muffin pan on Amazon. The kind I use has 6 muffin indentations. Or muffin wells. Or muffin spaces? I never know what to call them.
More Recipes for Muffins!
Jumbo Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (230 grams)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200 grams)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (50 grams)
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil light olive oil and coconut oil or any
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour plus a tablespoon (200 grams)
- 1/2 scant teaspoon salt
- 1/2 scant teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cinnamon or use 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice and omit other spices
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, softened 28 grams
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar 50 grams
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons all purpose flour 50 grams
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 6 jumbo muffin cups or 12 regular with paper liners
- Beat the pumpkin, sugars, oil, and eggs together in a mixing bowl.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves together in a second larger bowl.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until well-mixed. Divide evenly among the muffin tins.
- Make topping. Mix together the butter, sugar and cinnamon. Stir in the flour so that you have a crumbly topping. Sprinkle topping evenly over muffins.
- Place in oven on center rack.
- REDUCE OVEN HEAT TO 350 degree F.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs. If making smaller muffins, check time earlier.