We had muffins again this morning. Jumbo Pumpkin Streusel Muffins.
Fuzz agreed to pose with one.
Lizzie jumped up and grabbed it. She knows better, but we were asking for it holding the muffin up like that. Luckily, it was a super jumbo muffin so at least Fuzz got half. And really, that’s all you need. The jumbo muffins are excessive, but like I said before, they bake up with big moist centers and look kind of neat.
UPDATED: This muffin recipe has been replaced by a new family favorite.
Jumbo Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour plus a tablespoon
- 1/2 scant teaspoon salt
- 1/2 scant teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cinnamon or use 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice and omit other spices
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons salted butter softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 6 jumbo muffin cups or 12 regular with paper liners
- Beat the pumpkin, sugars, oil, and eggs together in a mixing bowl.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves together in a second larger bowl.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until well-mixed. Divide evenly among the muffin tins.
- Make topping. Mix together the butter, sugar and cinnamon. Stir in the flour so that you have a crumbly topping. Sprinkle topping evenly over muffins.
- Place in oven on center rack.
- REDUCE OVEN HEAT TO 350degree F.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs.