No-Bake Peanut Butter Cornflake Candy falls into the category of candies I love but forget about. These nutty peanut butter chews are so good and SO easy. You just melt butterscotch chips with peanut butter, then stir in cornflakes and any kind of nut. For this batch I used cashews.
Thanks to my friend KAnn for this recipe, which her family has been making for generations. As a bonus, this cornflake candy is gluten free!
Peanut Butter Cornflake Candy
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butterscotch chips (such as Toll House
- 3 cups Cornflakes (corn flakes) cereal
- 1 cup roasted cashews lightly chopped
- Combine the peanut butter and butterscotch chips and heat over a very low heat until melted. Alternatively, you can do this in a microwave-safe bowl using 50% power and stirring every 30 seconds.
- Mix together the melted chips, cereal and nuts with a rubber spatula. Working quickly, drop by spoonfuls onto a tray lined with parchment or wax paper. Chill until set.