Peanut Butter Brookies are a cross between brownies and peanut butter blondies. This version is from a reader named Stef, who sent it to me years ago along with a box of them!
Peanut Butter Brookies Tips
Stef makes her Brookies (half brownie, half cookie) with organic peanut butter cookie dough and brownie batter and bakes them in a paper lined square muffin or bar cookie pan. This makes a lovely presentation, plus the shape is also perfect for packaging and shipping. For my package, she wrapped six brookies individually, fit them into a rectangular Ziplock container, and tied it all together with a ribbon.
The stamped labels were a nice touch, too!
So thanks to Stef for sharing her recipe, and I look forward to making it very soon.
Update: It's time for me to make another batch of these and update the photo. Since I posted, Brookies have become more popular. You can make them with peanut butter flavored dough or chocolate chip.
Canarsie Cookies Peanut Butter Brookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup white granulated sugar
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup unbleached all purpose flour
- ⅔ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbl butter
- ⅓ tbl light corn syrup
- 1 tbl milk
- ⅛ tsp vanilla extract
- Cooking spray or vegetable shortening for greasing pan
- Square or round cup cupcake pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease square/round cup cupcake pan on all sides.
- To Prepare Brownie Batter: Melt butter in small or medium saucepan.
- Remove butter from heat and pour butter into large mixing bowl. Mix in sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Mix in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt until well mixed. Set batter aside.
- To Prepare Cookie Dough: Soften butter in microwave for about 20 seconds or until super soft, but not melted completely.
- Cream together butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and peanut butter until smooth. Mix in egg until smooth. Stir in flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Baking: Fill cupcake cups about ¼ full with brownie batter. Put cookie dough on top of brownie batter until cups are about ¾ full. You don’t want to fill cups to top because they may overflow when baked. Repeat until all cupcake cups are full and batters are used.
- Bake on 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until toothpick when inserted comes out clean and cookie dough is lightly browned.Once baked, let cool.
- To prepare glaze: In a double boiler over hot, but not boiling water, combine chocolate chips, butter, corn syrup, and milk. Once mixture is melted and smooth, mix in vanilla. Drizzle glaze over cooled brookies.