More fun with the baked donut pan! These chocolate chip donuts uses applesauce, spices and miniature chocolate chips.
I don’t have much to say about these other than that they were an excuse to use my donut pan AND that they are very good as far as baked donuts go. If you try them, let me know what you think! I’m still kind of new to baked donuts.
Baked Applesauce Chocolate Chip Donuts
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 160 grams
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar 140 grams
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg or cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray one or two 6 count regular donut pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour with the sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add applesauce, vanilla, egg, oil and melted butter.
- With a mixing spoon or heavy duty scraper, mix everything together just until blended. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon a generous two tablespoons of batter into each donut ring (batter should not quite reach the top).
- Bake donuts for 12-14 minutes or until donuts spring back when touched.
- Flip from the pan while still warm.
- Let cool completely and sift powdered sugar over the donuts.