After going through my dozens and dozens of banana bread recipes, I was surprised to see that I’d never posted a recipe for Bran Flakes Banana Bread. I did share a banana bread with bran, but not the cereal. So here’s a recipe for some Bran Flakes Banana Bread.
This one’s from All-Bran Canada, which has slightly better bran recipe collection than All-Bran America. Their version is made with All Bran original, but crushed Bran Flakes work just as well. It’s really good! The Bran Flakes are detectable in the texture, but not in a bad way. They add flavor and make kind of a speckled pattern with the banana. I’d definitely make this one again to use up Bran Flakes.
Bran Flakes Banana Bread
- 2 cups Bran Flakes 80 grams or 1 cup Original All Bran
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar 150 grams
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour 220 grams
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 240 grams mashed banana (from about 2 bananas)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pieces optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour an 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 or a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Put 2 cups of Bran Flakes cereal in a large mixing bowl and crush to make about 1 cup.
- Add the 1/3 cup milk, 2 eggs, oil and vanilla and stir by hand or with low speed of a mixer. Add the brown sugar and let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, soda and salt, and in another bowl mash the banana.
- Stir the mashed banana into the bran mixture, then add the flour mixture and stir until well blended. Stir in the walnuts.
- Spread evenly in the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 to 55 minutes.