Boston Cream Pie Category
Boston Cream Pie category on Cookie Madness contains multiple recipes for different flavors. At one point there were more recipes, but I've trimmed the category a bit and have left the more successful ones.
- For a good basic BCP, I recommend the Scratch Boston Cream Pie. The cake is a light textured golden sponge.
- The recipe from James Villas is also good, though the cake is more like a basic yellow cake rather than a sponge.
- Sometimes all you need is a Boston Cream Poke Cake. My version is an 8 inch square using half a box of cake mix.
- Luby's Cafeteria used to make a reverse version using chocolate cake, which is what I was going for with Chocolate Boston Cream. It got a lot of comments, but I don't have any actual reviews, which means I'll probably make it again myself. Maybe the Chocolate Chiffon is intimidating or too much trouble? We liked it.
- The Wicked Good Boston Cream Pie post is funny because I linked to the original then listed all my changes. This is one of those cases where the whole recipe needs to be reworked since for some reason I wasn't happy with the original CI.
- The Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes are good ,but I made a snobby remark in the notes about you should only use White Lily. It's good, but you could make these cupcakes with any good yellow cake, pudding and and chocolate icing.