I'm adding the Triple-Chocolate Fudge Brownies recipe to the all-time favorites list because it is so easy and good. I've also changed the name to One Pan Brownies because the brownies are mixed all in one saucepan.
Perfect In-Between Brownie Texture
These one pan brownies are excellent with a perfect not-too-cakey, not-too-fudgy texture. The triple chocolate in the name comes from a combination of bittersweet, unsweetened chocolate and chocolate chips. Just be sure to use a truly bittersweet or a less sweet chocolate for the "3 oz bittersweet chocolate". I used semi-sweet chocolate chips and the brownies were good, but on the sweet side. So use bittersweet chocolate in bar form if possible.
8-Inch Pan Version
To make Triple-Chocolate Fudge Brownies in an 8-inch square pan, just halve the ingredients and shave a few minutes off the baking time.
One Pan Brownies (Triple-Chocolate Fudge Brownies)
- 6 ounces good bittersweet chocolate chopped (170 grams)
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate chopped (56 grams)
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter (170 grams)
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar (290 grams)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 large large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (127 grams)
- 1 cup extra dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9 inch metal pan with nonstick foil or line with regular foil and grease the bottom of the pan.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Reduce heat to low and add both chocolates. Stir on the lowest heat possible until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and let cool to lukewarm.
- Stir in the sugar, vanilla and add the eggs, 1 at a time, stirring well after each addition. Stir in the salt and the flour, stirring unitl the mixture is just combined. Add the chocolate chips (make sure mixture is completely cool before doing this).
- Pour the batter in the pan. Smooth the top and bake on center rack for 28 to 32 minutes or until brownies appear set. Let cool completely on a pan set on a wire rack. For neater slicing, chill brownies.