Janet’s Blender Vinaigrette is a special salad dressing from my friend Janet. It’s well suited for Spring Mix and softer lettuce blends because it clings lightly to the leaves and adds so much flavor that you really don’t need to use much.
Since I began making it, I’ve varied the vinegar, oil, and herbs while still sticking to the base formula. It’s simple to prepare and you can do it in a blender or food processor, but I like to make half or quarter batches in the little chopper cup that came with by immersion blender.
So here’s the recipe. It’s from Southern Living, but you should probably name it after yourself or take some sort of ownership like Janet and I did.
Also, sorry the picture is of salad rather than the dressing itself, but I needed some sort of visual and last night’s batch was made with with red onion and red wine vinegar. I didn’t want to showcase my pink dresssing, but it still tasted great.
Janet’s Blender Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 3 Tbs chopped onion
- 2 1/2 Tbs sugar
- 1-3 large cloves garlic I always use the max!
- 1 tsp each salt dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup vegetable oil or olive oil, of course
- Combine all except oil in blender and blend (I do this in a miniature food processor).
- While blender is running, slowly add oil in slow steady stream.