I’m feeling a little “baked-out” these days, so instead of another dessert recipe, here’s a great little salad we tried over the holidays. The parsley, mint and cucumber make it so refreshing, and since there’s so little oil it’s very light. Served with a little feta, it can be a main dish salad, or serve it as a side dish or appetizer with grilled chicken or lamb.
I don’t have much more to say about it, really. It’s a salad. It was good. Try it!
- 1 can 15 oz chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- ¼ cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup peeled and chopped cucumber
- 2 tablespoon crushed tomatoes I use Red Spoon brand or tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Pinch of kosher salt or to taste
- Salad: Drain the chickpeas and put them in a large mixing bowl with the parsley, mint, tomatoes, olives, onions and cucumbers.
- Dressing: In a small bowl, mix together the crushed tomatoes, lemon juice, oil, honey, cumin, red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt if desired. Pour the dressing mixture over the salad inc