Happy National Chocolate Caramel Day!
In light of this illustrious holiday and the fact that Coffee Mate is celebrating Free Flavor Friday this week, here’s a white chocolate caramel latte cupcake. To get that flavor, I added a small amount of white chocolate caramel latte Coffee Mate to cupcake batter and frosting, then topped it with caramel sauce and an espresso bean. Easy, despite the fancy title. The cakes are kid-friendly, too. They had a 100% approval rating from our Girl Scout troop. Then again, our troop wanted to have their bridging ceremony at Starbucks, so maybe they’re not a representative sample. Adults like them!
The recipe is below.
As for FREE FLAVOR FRIDAY, it’s an event where Coffee Mate street team members will be passing out free product coupons, trying to find out your favorite flavor and offering to take your photo. I’ve posted a list of spots where it will be happening so that those of you who like free stuff can “accidentally” stumble across it on your way home from work or class. I wish it was happening in my neighborhood. I’d make it a destination spot for the old dog walk. We never have exciting promotional events in the streets, though. Sigh. Have fun with your free coffee creamer coupons New York, Chicago San Francisco, Seattle and Boston!!
White Chocolate Caramel Latte Cupcakes for National Chocolate Caramel Day
- 1 18.25-oz white cake mix (I used Pillsbury brand)
- 1/4 cup Coffee Mate White Chocolate Caramel Latte liquid creamer
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar – fluffed and lightly spooned into cup
- 1/4 cup Coffee Mate White Chocolate Caramel Latte coffee creamer
- Cold caramel sundae sauce
- 24 chocolate covered coffee beans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Place the cake mix, Coffee Mate, water, oil and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber scraper, increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping the sides as needed.
- Divide batter evenly among the 24 cupcake cups and bake on center and lower racks, alternating racks halfway through, until cupcakes are golden brown and spring back when pressed lightly, 20-24 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool on wire racks for 10 minutes, then carefully remove the cups from the pans and let cool completely.
- Prepare the frosting. Mix together the butter, powdered sugar, and Coffee Mate using lowest speed of a mixer. Gradually increase speed to high and beat, scraping sides of the bowl often, until light and creamy.
- To decorate the cupcakes, pipe a large star in the center of each cupcake or just make a make a dollop of icing by pushing it off a spoon. Drizzle cold caramel sauce over each cupcake and garnish with a chocolate covered espresso bean (optional).
Coffee Mate Free Flavor Friday Spots
• New York
o Grand Central Terminal (7am-3pm)
o Bryant Park (8am- 4pm)
o Flatiron District: 23rd St btwn. 5th & 6th Avenues (7:30am-3:30pm)
o Government Center: Washington St. to Tremont St. (11am-7pm)
o Harvard T Stop: Harvard Ave. at Brattle St. (8am-4pm)
o Kendall Square T Stop: Mass Ave. to Harvard Ave. (8am-4pm)
o Union Station: 210 S. Canal St. (7am-3pm)
o State Street: 111 N. State St. (11am-7pm)
• San Francisco
o Ferry Building (Front) : Pier 1 & Embarcadero – Harry Bridges Plaza, (7am-3pm)
o Union Square (7am-3pm)
o Seattle Waterfront: Seneca St. and Alaskan Way (10am-6pm)
o Convention Center: 8th St. and Pike St. (10am-6pm)
o Capitol Hill: Belmont Ave. E. and Olive Way (10am-6pm)