Happy National Chocolate Caramel Day! This post was originally a promotion for a Coffee Mate, specifically, the White Chocolate Caramel Latte flavor, which is why it was used on National Chocolate Caramel Day. I've changed the name to Coffee Creamer Cupcakes, because you can use any flavor of coffee creamer to add more flavor and body to the cake mix based cupcakes.
Coffee Creamer Cupcake Cake Mix Size
I first made these for our Girl Scout troop, and that was many years ago. Since then cake mix sizes have been reduced and I have not yet tested the recipe with the 15.25 oz box. It should work, but I'll have to make these again to double check. If you test with the 15.25 oz box, let me know!
Coffee Creamer Cupcakes
- 1 18.25-oz white cake mix (I used Pillsbury brand)
- ¼ cup Coffee Mate White Chocolate Caramel Latte liquid creamer
- ¾ cup water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar – fluffed and lightly spooned into cup
- ¼ cup Coffee Mate White Chocolate Caramel Latte coffee creamer
- Cold caramel sundae sauce
- 24 chocolate covered coffee beans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Place the cake mix, Coffee Mate, water, oil and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber scraper, increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping the sides as needed.
- Divide batter evenly among the 24 cupcake cups and bake on center and lower racks, alternating racks halfway through, until cupcakes are golden brown and spring back when pressed lightly, 20-24 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool on wire racks for 10 minutes, then carefully remove the cups from the pans and let cool completely.
- Prepare the frosting. Mix together the butter, powdered sugar, and Coffee Mate using lowest speed of a mixer. Gradually increase speed to high and beat, scraping sides of the bowl often, until light and creamy.
- To decorate the cupcakes, pipe a large star in the center of each cupcake or just make a make a dollop of icing by pushing it off a spoon. Drizzle cold caramel sauce over each cupcake and garnish with a chocolate covered espresso bean (optional).