Update: The Jif giveaway has ended, and thanks to everyone who left a comment. I am enjoying reading about your early culinary experiences and wish I could give a sample to each and every one of you. Thanks again! In the meantime, here’s another creation from Jif. Cashew Granola is a simple granola, where cashew butter stands in for the oil and honey replaces sugar.
The texture is crisp and crunchy, but not too hard, and the flavor has just the right level of sweetness. The only change I made was to use cranberries instead of raisins, and I threw them in when I took the granola out of the oven rather than put them in with the unbaked granola. Let me know what you think!
Jif Cashew Granola
- 1/2 cup cashew butter such as Jif
- 1 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick rolled oats
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 300ºF. Line a 15x10 inch rimmed baking pan with nonstick foil or parchment paper. Alternatively, you can spray it with cooking spray.
- Melt the cashew butter, honey and cinnamon together in large microwave-safe bowl on high for 30 seconds. Stir in vanilla, oats, and cashews.
- Spread on prepared baking pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the oven and Let dry 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven to cool completely. Stir in the raisins or dried cranberries.
- Store in airtight container for up to 1 week.