One of my favorite recipes right now is Chewy Chocolate Cookies with Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips. It’s right off the back of the Reese’s bag, but I’ve found a way to jazz it up! I just melt a little of whatever chocolate is in the house, drizzle it over the cookies, then sprinkle on some Reese’s Snack Mix. Now they're "3D Chewy Chocolate Reese's Cookis". Hooray!
What's In Reese's Snack Mix?
Reese's Snack Mix has pretzels, peanuts, Reese’s Pieces and mini peanut butter cups. You can usually find it in canisters at Walgreen’s, but I’m sure the grocery store carries it too. I'm pretty sure I came up with this cookie as an excuse to buy the snack mix. Oh well.
It may not be a super inventive recipe, but these cookies are always a hit and people appreciate the extra chocolate on top. For a non-peanut butter version, you could make the cookies with regular chocolate chips, then sprinkle on one of the other flavored snack mixes. I think there's a Mounds one and a regular Hershey's one.
3D Chewy Chocolate Reese's Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 280 grams
- ¾ cup natural style unsweetened cocoa powder 60 grams
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt change to ¼ teaspoon if using salted butter
- 2 ½ sticks 280 grams unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar 400 grams
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups Reese’s chips
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate or about ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup Reese’s snack mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or regular foil.
- Thoroughly mix or sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with sugar on medium speed until creamy.
- Add eggs, beating at low speed until combined. Add vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and stir until combined. Stir in chips.
- Drop tablespoon size mounds of dough onto baking sheets, spacing 2 ½ inches apart. Alternatively, you can scoop the dough with a medium size cookie scoop.
- Bake one sheet at a time on center rack for 12 minutes or until cookies appear set. Let cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack.
- When cookies are completely cool, melt some semisweet chocolate or chips using your favorite method. Drizzle melted chocolate over the cooled cookies, then sprinkle Reese’s Snack mix over the melted chocolate drizzle, poking pieces into the drizzle so that they stick.
- Transfer cookies to the refrigerator and chill just long enough to set the chocolate drizze.