This is my friend Maureen’s favorite recipe. It’s a spin-off of the old Copy Cat KFC with a punch of wasabi. I’m filing it here for safekeeping even though it has nothing to do with cookies.
I originally made it with a bunch of light and sugar-free ingredients. It is surprisingly delicious made the light way, but you can always sub real mayo and regular sugar. Feel free to improvise, because this is just the base.
- 1/2 cup non-fat or reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Splenda or sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (more if you like) of Wasabi paste
- 1 pound (about 7 cups) bagged coleslaw
- Ground pepper to taste
- In a very large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, Splenda or sugar, salt, lemon juice, pickle juice and wasabi paste. Add coleslaw and coat with sauce. Stir in some black pepper.
- Use regular ingredients instead of low fat or sugar free.