Coco-Loco Brownies

I wasn’t really in the mood for coconut, but this week’s been kind of crazy and I liked the title of this recipe so I made it anyway. It’s called Coco-Loco Brownies from Rachel Ray Every Day – same issue as the most-excellent Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Crunch Bars.

This recipe exceeded my expectations in every possible way. First off, all the brownie batter is made in a big saucepan and doesn’t require the use of any small appliances. The coconut mixture, which gets dropped on the top, gets mixed in a separate bowl, but that takes 2 seconds to do and the bowl was pretty easy to rinse out. In short, putting these together was a cinch.

But let’s get to the important part. Appearance was quite striking. For such a simple recipe, these are muy impressivo! Muy bonita, que? Si! And while they do contain coconut, the coconut is mixed with a bit of condensed milk so it has a flavorful burnt milk macaroon quality to it which makes the brownies taste like fudge brownies with soft macaroons dropped on top. Delicioso! They are dense, fudgy, sturdy, and loaded with almonds and chocolate – definitely worthy of your next fiesta. Of course, I’ll probably just send mine to work with Todd.

If you don’t have an upcoming fiesta either, you can cut the recipe in half. Follow RR’s directions as written, but cut everything in half and bake the brownies in an 8 inch square metal pan for about 28-30 minutos.

Since I didn’t make any real changes to the recipe (aside from halving it), here’s a link to the original Coco Loco Brownies recipe.

Coco Loco Brownies Recipe Here. This is Where To Click.

Coco Loco Brownies

fiesta dog

Comments

They look delish! I made some “almond joy brownies” once and didn’t really like them. I love the idea of the condensed milk making them gooey, sweet, macaroon-y on top. Mine weren’t that way. Glad you’re happy with your choice today!

2. Therese B. says

I am not a HUGE fan of coconut alone…but when it is a mounds type bar…yum!! These look great. Are they really sweet?

I will have to try!

OH….PUPPY LOVE…he is sooooooo cute! Everytime I see him…I think it is time for a new puppy at our house.

3. Amy D. says

I saw those brownies in the magazine and thought they looked delicious. I love coconut and chocolate–mmmm now I want a Mounds bar.

Cutie Lizzie!
    I just made something with coconuts too. I was craving it something fierce.
    Your brownies look delish–everything you make looks wonderful.

5. bonnie says

Love coconut and have been looking for new recipes– this is going to be fabulous, I can tell! Thanks for all the great ideas.

I was just looking at this recipe yesterday and thinking that these looked good. Glad to hear they are! And I’m often impressed with how well some of the RR recipes turn out.

These looks totally amazing! I don’t think I have ever made any of Rachel Ray’s baked goods, she isn’t exactly known for it but I have bookmarked these.

8. Suzanne says

Excellent recipe–I didn’t get the parchment paper “crosswise” direction. It didn’t make sense so I used the non-stick foil and did it lengthwise (maybe that’s what crosswise is?). Nonetheless, it was hit and I love this cookie/dessert “smut” blog!

Ha! I never even look at directions for lining pans anymore so I didn’t even catch that. Glad you liked the brownies, Suzanne!

I should go check RR’s site and see if they’ve added any new great recipes. I need something for today.