Peach Pound Cake

The peach pound cake recipe is from Diane Rattray who has an excellent collection of Southern recipes over at About.com. Here’s the recipe. Photo below.

Cake was amazingly moist. My only advice it to cut your peaches very small because if you don’t, they look strange. Also, grease and flour your cake pan thoroughly because the cake is kind of sticky.

Peach Pound Cake

Comments

1. Sue says

Wow! Is the recipe for “the-best-in-the-whole-wide-world-sorry-but-that-is-true peanut butter cookies” already here on your blog? I think I recall a similar reference, but now of course you have me curious.

It sounds like you took quite a variety for people to choose from! I wish you were my neighbor. I’m the cookie lady in my neighborhood, but you bake circles around me!!

I can’t even tell that it’s peach. I guess it’s supposed to surprise you when you take a bite. and i can relate with you about neighbors. I don’t even know my next door neighbor’s name and we moved here 5 years ago. haha

The dessert person is allways the most popular in this kind of get-togethers! 8 years without meeting a neighboor, that’s funny!
    I think I know what pb cookies you’re talking, and I think you’re right, it can’t get better than that!
    I’m sure Todd’s coworkers will be delighted with the cake!

Okay, kids. I added a link to the peanut butter cookies. The best cookies are those one-bowl criss-cross cookies. They have to be the best because in the last 5 or 6 times that I’ve made them, people have said “These are the best peanut butter cookies I’ve ever tasted”….or something to that effect.

You do need to make them as written, though. In my experience, Skippy Natural makes a great cookie with the perfect level of sweetness. Jif Crunchy also works very well — I think the nut chunks displace some of the sugar. If you use something like creamy Peter Pan, then use a slightly lighter hand when measuring the sugar (or just minus a couple of teaspoons).

Also, the dough bakes up even better after being chilled for 24 hours.

5. Sue says

Thanks Anna! The next time I have my peanut butter cookie loving son around I’ll make these. Or, maybe I’ll make them and send them in a care package. He’s been a little bummed that he hasn’t been getting much mail.

Anna – I have the same recipe, under a different name — old fashioned peanut butter cookies –http://teriskitchen.com/cookies/peanutbutt.html. As soon as I get back from my high school reunion middle of November, I am going to have a peanut butter cookie throwdown. I’ll make the ones you call criss-cross plus the ones that I think are the best,
    http://judyskitchen.blogspot.com/2008/03/lalees-peanut-butter-cookies-adapted.html. I’ll give them out to neighbors and friends and get their votes and let you know who wins. I challenge you to do the same. We’re both convinced our recipes are the best, so let’s find out which one really is. After all, Bobby Flay is not the only one who can do a throwdown, right? Wish I could do it sooner, but for me PB cookies are death to hips. I want to look as good as I can when I face my old classmates.

7. Sue says

I’ve looked at both recipes, and I think it would be like comparing apples and oranges. Anna’s recipe is a pure PB recipe, and Judy’s has CC and candy added to it.
    I have Anna’s recipe in the fridge to bake and then I’ll pop them in the mail this afternoon to my son. No doubt he’ll love them!
    The recipe for my family’s favorite PB cookies comes from the Kitchen Aid recipe book that came with my mixer…. a long time ago. :-) With all of that PB, Anna’s recipe may well be the new favorite. We’ll see!!