Truffle Brownies come from a recipe off the back of the Guittard dark chocolate chip bag. They are very good -- especially if you like your brownies rich, fudgy, and candy-like. In fact, they are so rich and dense that instead of cutting them into 16 pieces like the recipe says, I cut them into 64 squares and put them in mini cupcake papers. Mini muffin papers.
If you have problems making fudgy brownies or your brownies always turn out a little cakey, the Truffle Brownies recipe will fix that. Make sure to use dark or bittersweet chocolate chips, though. I think semisweet might be a little too sweet.
Single Origin Truffle Brownie Squares
Since posting the recipe from the back of the chocolate chip bag, Guittard has shared a new one that's almost the same, but calls for chocolate from their Single Origin collection. This new recipe showcases chocolate from different places. Instead of using 10 oz of chips, you use 10 oz of chocolate from places like Sur del Lago, Chucuri, Ambanja, Quevedo. The new recipe is pretty much the same as this one, but calls for chocolate rather than chips.
More Recipe Suggestions
- 1 ⅔ cups dark chocolate chips (280 grams or 10 oz)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter 42 grams
- 3 tablespoons water 42 grams
- 1 cup granulated sugar 200 grams
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup unsifted all-purpose flour 35 grams
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line an 8 inch square pan with foil and grease bottom of pan or spray with a little cooking spray.
- Heat chocolate, butter and water in a large microwave-safe mixing bowl at 50% power for 2-3 minutes, stopping to stir after the first minute and at 30 second intervals thereafter.
- Beat the sugar, salt and vanilla into the melted chocolate mixture with a wooden spoon. Beat in the eggs one at a time until smooth and glossy, then stir in the flour.
- Spread the batter in the pan and bake 35-40 minutes. Do not overbake. the brownies will firm as they cool.
- Cool completely or cool and chill. Lift from pan and cut into about 16 squares and then cut each of those squares into 4 squares to make 64 minis.