Magic Cookie Bar Sticks are Magic Cookie Bars which you bake in a loaf pan. They are yet another way to use a half can of condensed milk. For those in the USA, that is 7 oz/196 grams. In some places you can buy condensed milk in 7 oz packages, but that size is not easy to find here in the states.
Loaf Pan Magic Cookie Bar Sticks
The idea seems pretty obvious, but I never thought to cut them into sticks until today when I was making a small batch in a 9 ½ by 5 ½ inch loaf pan. The bars sliced so nicely (I always use a higher ratio of condensed milk than the original version and more toppings) and were so easy to work with that cutting them into sticks just seemed like the right thing to do.
For the toppings, I used kind of a mish mash of what we had around the house including dark and butterscotch chips, a little coconut, peanuts, almonds and a crumbled Girl Scout cookie. I don’t think I’ve ever topped Magic Cookie Bars the same way twice! My new favorite addition to the topping is coarsely chopped malted milk balls (aka Chocolate Whoppers or Maltesers).
Magic Cookie Bar Sticks
- 3 tablespoons melted butter add a pinch of salt if using unsalted
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs Or use Animal Crackers!
- ½ can of a 14 oz can of condensed milk 7 oz
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of another chip I used butterscotch
- ½ cup assorted nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line the inside of a 9 ½ by 5 ½ inch loaf pan with nonstick foil.
- Mix together butter and crumbs and press into bottom of lined pan.
- Pour condensed milk over the crust, then sprinkle chips and nuts on the top. Press down slightly.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool at room temperature, then chill until very firm.
- Lift the chilled cookie from the pan and slice it horizontally into strips that are a little less than an inch wide.