Celebrate the season with this recipe for Cinnamon Apple Cider Bread! It’s so delicious and makes the house smell wonderful. I make it with store bought apple cider, but one of these days I’m going to try it with homemade. But honestly, the inexpensive store bought kind works just fine. You could probably even make cider bread with apple juice, though I haven’t tried that yet.
This is the best cider bread recipe I’ve tried, and it definitely makes the house smell like fall. The recipe calls for 2 full cups of cider and 2 cups of apples and makes 2 full size loaves. As you can see, I put some walnuts on the top of this loaf, but if you don’t have nuts just leave them of because the bread doesn’t really need them.
And finally, if you don’t need two loaves of apple cider bread the recipe is easy to halve. To halve an egg, crack it into a little cup and measure out 2 tablespoons.
On a different note, if you are looking for another recipe that will make your house smell good, check out this recipe for Spicy Dark Gingerbread! Or why not make them both?
Cinnamon Apple Cider Bread
- 4 cups all-purpose flour** (18 oz/500 grams)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 8 oz unsalted butter, softened (228 grams)
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar (250 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 cups chopped apples peeled
- 1/4 cup sugar mixed with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9×5 inch loaf pans.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg and scraping the bowl often.
- Using a heavy dutyscraper or a mixing spoon, add flour mixture to egg mixture, alternating with the apple cider. Stir in the chopped apples.
- Divide the batter between the prepared loaf pans and spread it evenly in the pan. Sprinkle with walnuts (if using).
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the batter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes for or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.