One of my favorite brownie recipes is for brownies made with mini marshmallows. You fold the marshmallows into the batter, where they melt and leave behind little pockets of chewiness. Recently I found similar recipe for Marshmallow Fluff Brownies, where instead of folding in marshmallows, you add Marshmallow Fluff (or “Creme”)to the brownie batter.
Marshmallow Fluff Brownies Texture
This version seems a little richer and fudgier than the one made with marshmallows. Marshmallow Fluff adds some bulk, but it also changes the texture a bit and keeps the brownies soft. I’ll definitely make these again when I have some Marshmallow Fluff (or Marshmallow Creme) around. Speaking of which, I used a homemade version from Gemma’s Bigger Bolder Baking. If you ever find yourself in need of a homemade Marshmallow Fluff recipe, Gemma’s is a good one.
Marshmallow Fluff Brownies
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate chopped (114 grams)
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter plus a little more for greasing pan.
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 heaping cup Marshmallow Fluff 5 oz weight
- 1 cup sugar 200 grams
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 130 grams
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 scant teaspoon salt use only 1/8 if using salted butter
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 inch square pan with foil and grease foil or spray with cooking spray.
- In a microwave safe mixing bowl, heat the butter and chocolate on high for 30 seconds. Stir well, then heat on high, stirring at 20 second intervals, until mixture is melted and smooth.
- With a heavy duty scraper (or a handheld mixer), add the marshmallow cream and stir until well mixed. Stir in sugar until well mixed. Add the eggs and stir until blended, then stir in the vanilla.
- Sift (or just stir very thoroughly) the flour, baking powder and salt, then stir into the batter. Spread in the pan and sprinkle top with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. Internal temperature should be around 210 degrees F and they will still seem very fudgy. Let cool completely.