April 2 is National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day, so Happy Peanut Butter and Jelly Day! Maybe take some time to ponder why some things go together better than others – or at least why peanut butter and jelly go together.
I know it’s a little late in the day to give you the recipe, but now you’ll be all set for next year when it rolls around again. Or maybe you could make these tonight? The ingredients for Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes are things you probably have in the pantry.
I filled my cupcakes with raspberry preserves, but I’ll bet they’d be really good with grape or strawberry. Or forget the jelly and go with chocolate chips!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes Ingredients
- Butter — Unsalted
- Peanut Butter — Creamy Jif
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar — Really pack it!
- Vanilla Extract
- Eggs — Bring to room temperature
- Flour — Measure with a very light hand (spoon into cup)
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Whole Milk
- Softened Cream Cheese (for the frosting)
- Confectioners’ Sugar
- More Butter & Peanut Butter
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
Peanut butter cupcakes stuffed with jelly and frosted with a peanut butter flavored frosting.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour sift or weigh before measuring (9 oz)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- Your favorite flavor jelly or preserves
- Frosting ingredients below
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 18-20 cupcake cups with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add peanut butter and both sugars and continue beating until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla, then beat in eggs, one by one.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to the batter alternately with the milk.
- Divide batter evenly among the muffin/cupcake cups and bake on center rack for about 20 to 25 minutes or until cupcakes appear set.
- Let the cupcakes cool, then use a sharp knife to carve out a little hole. Fill it with jelly.
- Ice with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting. To make the frosting, beat together ½ cup peanut butter with ½ cup butter and 3 oz of softened cream cheese. Gradually stir in 2 cups of powdered sugar 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 2-3 tablespoons of milk Beat until light and fluffy. Taste to make sure it has enough peanut butter flavor, and if not, stir in some more.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I had no idea there was a PBJ day! Yummy looking cupcakes.
I would have to go with the chocolate chips.