This is a great Oreo Cheesecake recipe I got years ago from a collection of recipes served on board Royal Caribbean cruise ships. It’s a very creamy, borderline fluffy cheesecake where the egg whites are whipped and folded into the batter along with big chunks or Oreos. In addition to the cookies suspended in the cheesecake, there is a thick sandwich cookie crust.
Oreo Cheesecake Size
This recipe calls for 2 pounds of cream cheese and makes a standard size 9 inch round cheesecake. I rarely need a full cheesecake these days, so at some point I’m going to update this recipe by halving it and baking in a 6 or 8 inch round pan.
- 35 Oreos divided use (24 for crust, 11 for chopping up)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 4 packages softened cream cheese (32 oz total) (2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a food processor or a sealed plastic bag, finely crush about 24 of the Oreos to make 2 cups of crumbs. Mix the crumbs with the melted butter and press tightly into a 9 inch round springform pan. Set the pan on a rimmed baking sheet (this will catch any grease) and bake for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large mixing bowl using a handheld mixer, beat the cream cheese until creamy. Beat in the sugar, scraping sides until smooth. Using the lowest speed of the mixer, gradually add the egg yolks, scraping sides of bowl until mixed. On low speed, beat in the cream and vanilla. Add the flour and stir on low until mixed, then add the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl using a handheld mixer, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add the extra 1/4 cup of sugar. Fold the egg white mixture into the cheesecake mixture.
- Break remaining Oreos into small pieces and fold into the batter.
- Scrape the batter into the pan and spread to the edges. Bake at 300 degrees F. for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 2 hours at room temperature, then chill overnight.