This recipe for “Indoor S’mores”, also known as Golden Grahams Bars, is a real blast from the past. I used to make these as a kid back when we bought Golden Grahams cereal pretty regularly. We don’t buy as much dried cereal as we did back then, but when we do happen to have Golden Grahams around, I love making these bars.
Small Batch Golden Grahams Bars
At point I made a batch of these to use up the last remaining Golden Grahams cereal. I only had enough for a small batch, so I made the bars in an 8 inch. The half batch 8 inch square pan version worked out really well. Instead of using semisweet chocolate I used dark chocolate, then I drizzled some milk chocolate on top. Even though this was a small batch, the bars lasted a long time in the freezer.
I didn’t realize I had so many versions of these bars on Cookie Madness, but it shows you how much I like them. One version is the old one and another is an updated version from General Mills. The version here is my 8 inch pan small batch version with extra chocolate.
Indoor S’mores Small Batch
- 4 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 or 3 ounces of milk chocolate chopped
- Line an 8 inch square pan with foil and butter the foil.
- Pour cereal in a mixing bowl.
- Heat butter over medium in a small saucepan until it starts to melt, then stir in corn syrup and heat until mixture starts to boil. Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate chips. Stir until melted, then add vanilla. Pour over the cereal and stir to coat, then stir in the marshmallows. Dump mixture into the pan and press down lightly with another sheet of buttered foil.
- Wipe the saucepan clean and add the milk chocolate. Heat on low, stirring constantly, until it’s just barely melted (don’t overheat), then drizzle over the cereal bars. Chill for a few hours or until set, then lift from pan and cut into bars. I like trimming the edges and making 8 big bars, but you can cut them whatever size you like.
Wow, you made them with Bran Flakes? How neat! I’ll have to try that.
Since the temps have been over 100, I needed some dessert diversity in my life. I love s’mores, so I had to give these a try. I used WW bran flakes and drizzled espresso chocolate on top. Very good. I might modify my drizzle chocolate though. Thanks for the recipie!
They’re really fun. I do recommend adding that last layer/drizzle of melted chocolate, though.
I love Indoor S’mores!!! Haven’t made them in ages. The group home for dev. dis. adults that I work at has 3 young men living there. They are always asking me what kind of cookies am I going to make for them. Ha. I think I know what I will try next!
They look good to me!