I’ve been making Indoor S’mores for years, but it seems our family’s favorite version has been updated. For one thing, they’re now called Golden Grahams S’mores Bars. They’re one of the easiest cookies I know of made with Golden Grahams cereal.
Golden Grahams S’mores Bar Updates
This version has more butter, a little less chocolate, more marshmallows and less corn syrup. And unlike in the old version, you melt most of the marshmallows into the chocolate mixture, which makes the bars more cohesive, slightly chewier, and easier to store at room temperature (though I’ve been freezing them, anyway). It’s just as easy as the other version and good enough to the point that two people who tried them already asked for the recipe. As much as we liked the old version, the verdict around here is that this version is better. I made them pretty much the same as Betty Crocker, but we used dark chocolate chips and wouldn’t hesitate to stick with those.
Golden Grahams S’mores Bars
- 10.5 oz or 5 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows 5½ cups, divided use
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips milk chocolate okay, too
- 5 tablespoons regular salted butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 cups Golden Grahams Cereal
- Line a 9×13 inch pan with nonstick foil or line with foil and grease foil.
- In a very large saucepan, melt the butter, chocolate chips, corn syrup and 4 cups of the marshmallows over low heat. Stir until completely melted. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Pour cereal into saucepan. Stir until coated with the melted chocolate mixture. Stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups marshmallows.
- Using a sheet of greased foil or parchment, press into the pan. Cool at least 1 hour or until firm. I refrigerated mine to speed up the process.
- Cut into squares and store loosely covered and room temperature or wrap tightly and freeze.
Add the cereal and remaining marshmallows and press into the pan.
Those look delicious! Almost better than traditional s’mores 🙂