If you grew up in America in the '80s, chances are you have a thing for Golden Grahams cereal. And if you were really into them, you might remember this old recipe for Indoor S'mores. Also called Golden Grahams S'mores, these are no-bake bar cookies made with melted butter, corn syrup and chocolate chips mixed with marshmallows and Golden Grahams. They're one of the most interesting cereal bars and they are not hard to make at all.
Golden Grahams S'mores Bar Updates
The recipe has been updated a little through the years, with the new version being a better in my opinion. However, I put the measurements for the old version in the notes in case you feel like these are different from the ones you remember.
How to Make Them
Here's a quick rundown.
- Line a pan with nonstick foil. If making the full batch, use a 9x13 inch pan. For a half batch, use an 8-inch pan.
- Melt the butter, corn syrup, chocolate chips and 4 cups of the marshmallows in a large pot. Remove from hea.
- Stir in vanilla, remaining marshmallows and cereal, stirring to coat cereal.
- Spread the mixture in a pan and press down tightly with more nonstick foil or a piece of parchment. If you want, you can sprinkle more cereal and marshmallows on top before pressing so that you have some uncoated marshmallows and cereal showing.
- Chill or freeze until very firm, then lift from the pan and cut into squares.
Golden Grahams S'mores Bars
- 5 tablespoons regular salted butter
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate chips milk chocolate okay, too
- 5 ½ cups cups miniature marshmallows, divided use
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 cups Golden Grahams Cereal
- Line a 9x13 inch pan with nonstick foil or parchment paper. If using regular foil, grease it or spray with cooking spray.
- In a very large saucepan, melt the butter, chocolate chips, corn syrup and 4 cups of the marshmallows over low heat. Stir until completely melted. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Pour cereal and remaining marshmallow into saucepan. Stir until coated with the melted chocolate mixture. Scrape into the prepared pan.
- Using a sheet of greased foil or parchment, press down slightly. Sprinkle extra cereal and marshmallows on top and press down tightly. Cool at room temperature for about 30 minutes, then transfer to the freezer and freeze until firm. hour or until firm.
- Life from pan and peel away foil. On a cutting board, trim edges and cut into squares. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Add the cereal and remaining marshmallows and press into the pan. Old Measurements: 8 cups Golden Grahams, ⅔ cup corn syrup, 2 tablespoons butter, 2 cups chocolate chips, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 3 cups of mini marshmallows.