Hey, you got your milk chocolate in my Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats! That's for those of you old enough to remember the old Reese's ads. There were would be a person eating peanut butter and someone would come along and "accidentally" drop their chocolate in it. Then what do you know? They discover that milk chocolate goes well with peanut butter. Which brings me to Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats. In these no-bake bars, a mixture of melted chocolate and peanut butter holds the Rice Krispies and marshmallows together.
The recipe idea came from a Scotcheroo kick, in which I was experimenting and changed things u a bit. This version makes a square pan, but if you want an even smaller batch, just halve everything and make the bars in a loaf pan.
Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats
- 8 oz milk chocolate chopped
- ½ cup peanut butter room temperature or slightly softened in microwave
- 1 ½ cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup peanuts lightly salted and chopped
- 12 Reese’s Miniatures chopped into quarters and chilled slightly (optional)
- Line an 8 or 9 inch square pan with parchment paper, nonstick foil or regular foil. If using regular foil, rub the foil generously with some softened butter.
- Melt about ¾ of the chocolate in a metal bowl set over but not touching simmering water or in a double boiler. Remove from heat and stir in the remaining chopped chocolate. Stir well until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir the peanut butter into the melted chocolate.
- Scrape the melted chocolate mixture into a mixing bowl and stir in the cereal, followed by the marshmallows, peanuts and Reese's (if using).
- Pour into the pan and press down so that it’s tight. Chill for a few hours or until very firm, then lift from the pan and cut into squares.