This recipe for Peanut Butter Cup Icebox Pie is from the Martha White Holiday Muffin Mix Challenge, where contest entrants were required to use muffin mix as an ingredient in a holiday dessert. The winning recipe was submitted by Joanna C. of Whiteville, Tennessee. Congratulations to Joanna!
I am dying to try this pie, but I need to find some fellow peanut butter lovers to share it with. If you try the pie first, let me know. I’m especially interested in hearing what you think of a crust made out of double chocolate chip muffin mix.
More Martha White Muffin Mix Recipes
To see the other winners and finalists, visit Martha White. To scan all the Martha White recipes visually, check out the Martha White Pinterest page. And to keep updated on future contests, you can always like them on Facebook.
Peanut Butter Cup Icebox Pie Alternatives
Peanut Butter Cup Icebox Pie
- 2 7.4 oz. packages Martha White® Chocolate Chocolate Chip Flavored Muffin Mix
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 3.4 oz. package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 8 oz. container of whipped topping
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 chocolate peanut butter cups crushed
- HEAT oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, combine muffin mixes and butter until well combined. Press evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- BAKE 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, WHISK pudding mix with milk according to package directions until set.
- BEAT in peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Add whipped topping and fold in with a spatula until well combined.
- POUR over cookie crust. Cover and freeze one hour.
- n a medium bowl, add chocolate chips and corn syrup. In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave heavy cream two minutes or until just boiling.
- POUR over chocolate chips and let stand two minutes. Whisk slowly until fully combined and thickened, and drizzle evenly over top of pie. Garnish with crushed peanut butter cups.
- COVER and refrigerate 30 minutes and up to overnight.
- Makes 8 servings
- Jif is a trademark of The J.M. Smucker Company.