S’mores Bars

Speaking of S’mores Bars, this is my all-time favorite version of the  recipe — almost as good as real S’mores and much easier to cut and share.

S'mores  Bars

S’mores Bars — Adapted from Hershey’s Chocolate

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 (1.55 oz. each) HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Bars
1 cup marshmallow creme

Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 8-inch square baking pan or line the pan with foil and spray foil with cooking spray (makes cutting easier).

Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Press half of dough into prepared pan.

Arrange chocolate bars over dough, breaking as needed to fit. Spread with marshmallow creme. Scatter bits of remaining dough over marshmallow; carefully press to form a layer.

Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. 16 bars.

Comments

1. Dani says

whoaaaa
    those look SO GOOD
    but a lot simpler way would be roasting a marshmallow over the stove (gas stove) and making the smores, or microwaving the grahams crackers and marshmallow, then adding the chocolate. nom!!
    =)

2. jen says

the s’mores bars look great – love checking your site every day to see what you’ve ‘baked’ up:-).
    i have an unrelated question (unrelated to s’mores that is). i could swear i remember seeing a post or list of nyc bakeries that you’ve visited or wanted to visit. i’m going next week and wanted to try to stop by a couple of them. i’ve been to levain (yum), but there are others i’m sure i should see/taste:-). forgive me if there’s an obvious link and i missed it. thanks so much!!

Jen, I just sent you the info. At one point, I had a page called “Sweet Places” but I took it down because I couldn’t update it enough.

4. Holly says

Yum! I just made these and they’re a fun treat and taste an awful lot like the real thing, but in a bar form! Great recipe!

You must be missing the butter and sugar from the recipe. My friend brought over somtething like this and they were to die for yummy! Just searching for a recipe to take to a fourth of July bbq :)

Thanks Lynette! You caught a typo. The original recipe is from Hershey’s, but I re-typed it here in case the link gets changed. These are excellent.

7. Libby says

any chance instead of marshmallow cream I could use real marshmallows and melt them? Any ideas? I have lots of big marshmallows on hand and don’t really like marshmallow cream.

8. dominique hill says

Hi, these look great- my sister has always wanted to try these as we are from the UK, and not many people sell them here.
    I will definitely bake these for her!! :)

9. pazit says

these smores bars look amazing! I would love to know if i can freeze these? If not how long can i leave them out for?

I tried these with real marshmallows, but it didn’t work very well. They melted and left air pockets in the bars which made them crumble when I cut them. Not as pretty as your picture.

Sorry that happened. I tried it with marshmallows and got the same results, so I guess with this particular recipe it’s best to stick with the recipe.