Million Dollar Cookie!!!!

by on April 15, 2008 · 11 comments

Congratulations!!

Go Peanut Butter!

Oh, and go “Sweet & Salty!” too.

Published on April 15, 2008

Hallie April 15, 2008 at 8:04 am

Just last night I made my first peanut butter cookie recipe with cinnamon in it. Everyone loved them. I had never seen a recipe with those combinations before, and now everyday for the last week I see a new one.

Nicole April 15, 2008 at 8:10 am

Boy, Anna. You were even faster than I was to post the winners of the Bake-Off this year!

By the way, I talked to tons of people here who knew you (either from last time or elsewhere) and/or were fans of your site. It’s always fun to chat about blogging and food with people with the same interests!

Anna April 15, 2008 at 8:33 am

Hallie, there’s a cookie on this blog rolled in peanuts and butterscotch chips, but not peanuts and cinnamon. I agree. Clever combination! I hope to make these cookies today, but I have to get cleaned up for guests.

Nicole, I just sat here in and hit Control-R on DiShaun’s blog. His coverage was fantastic and I like his writing style. Also, I agree with you about how great it is being able to chat with fellow bakers. It’s what motivated me to keep entering contests. I think blogging has curtailed my contesting somewhat because I can now chat with people via email and on-line.

It’s hard out there for a bake-aholic ;)

We need support groups.

TG April 15, 2008 at 8:34 am

ok so – this cookie won? you’re saying this cookie won. that must be a hell of a cookie. have you tried it yet? it has cinnamon. a cookie. never woulda guessed. i wonder who the judges were; do they say? i saw a guy won one category. and a lady from lancaster TX got the people’s choice.

a cookie. hnh

Anna April 15, 2008 at 8:40 am

TG, I’m going to try it today. The housekeepers are coming this morning, so I’ll make it this afternoon when they’re done.

The recipe is so easy and convenient I can make it without messing up the kitchen (as usual) and since visitors are coming, it’s perfect.

Peanut Butter plus Cinnamon — Clever combo.

Pillsbury Refrigerated Dough — It’s pretty good stuff. I have to admit, I haven’t baked with it lately, but Average Jane Crafter (Rachel) made me some two ingredient peanut butter kiss cookies a few weeks ago and the dough tasted very similar to homemade. I believe she used Pillsbury. Not sure, but I remember being surprised at how good it was….perhaps better than in the past. I’ll have to buy some today and find out.

VeggieGirl April 15, 2008 at 8:41 am

Peanut butter IS the best type of cookie – so glad that variety won! :0)

Stephanie April 15, 2008 at 10:10 am

Wow! This seems like a fairly simple cookie … it must be really delicious! :-) It was nice to see that a fellow Marylander won the competition!

Erin Mylroie April 15, 2008 at 10:38 am

Anna:
These cookies remind me so much of your IGA recipe, which I absolutely loved. It’s the cookie version of your lava cakes right down to the cinnamon sugar sprinkles. You can be proud that you’ve had at least TWO million dollar ideas! Erin

Katrina April 15, 2008 at 10:38 am

Fun that a cookie won the competition. I’m planning to try this one. Gotta love peanut butter! That banana toffee brownie looks pretty good, too!

Randi66 April 16, 2008 at 7:52 am

How weird. I made a crunchy pb cookie from scratch( CI) and posted it on my blog a few days ago. It even used Jif. You should try those Anna, they were really good.

Randi April 17, 2008 at 10:50 am

I was in Kroger yesterday( in MI) and they didnt have pb dough. I noticed the price of the other flavors was 3.29. I used to get it for 2.50. Prices are really going up!!