Trash Bin

by on July 23, 2008 · 8 comments

Today’s recipe didn’t work out very well and I am completely bummed because it was easy, tasted great and was both vegan and wheat free. The problem was, the bars didn’t hold together very well and I just don’t feel good about posting the recipe until I can play with it a bit.

Published on July 23, 2008

Clumbsy Cookie July 23, 2008 at 10:37 am

I hate when that happens Anna. You can allways do what I do sometimes when I do bars that I don’t like, just chop them all up (or crumble them) and add them to your favourite raw cookie doudgh. Voilá cookies!

Sue July 23, 2008 at 10:46 am

One of my friends made the best ice cream topping ever out of a failed batch of baked goods. She spread whatever it was onto cookie sheets and baked it very low until it dried and was crunchy. Yummy ice cream topping! I wish I knew which recipe it was!

jancd July 23, 2008 at 10:55 am

I’ve been baking cookies all morning for a family reunion we are attending this afternoon. My friend called while I was up to by eyeballs in cookie dough and said,”I would have just stopped by Randall’s and picked up some cookies.” I told her I could not take bought cookies to a reunion. Can you imagine?

Janet July 23, 2008 at 11:06 am

Thank you for trying an allergy free type of cookie! Do you have allergies?

Katrina July 23, 2008 at 11:47 am

Sorry! I REALLY hate that myself.

aTxVegn July 23, 2008 at 12:36 pm

I know that’s disappointing. But please keep trying!

runjess July 23, 2008 at 2:31 pm

I had a trash bin cookie recipe today too! I was so disappointed because I had high hopes for these cookies and for snacking on the dough. I blogged about it, so if you get bored you should read and maybe you will have some insight as to why these cookies were so, so bad.

Michelle July 23, 2008 at 2:47 pm

I think you should have a “Trash Bin” or “Totally Failed” category to put these into. You could even take a picture of the failures. I know I’ve had my share! I always feel like I just wasted so much time & money when that happens.