Alexandra’s Cookies — FREE UPS 1 DAY SHIPPING FOR TEXANS!

I’m not sure what I’m going to make today, but it won’t be cookies. Thanks to my friend Alexandra, I am at maximum cookie capacity.

Alexandra, who recently opened her on-line store (Hooray!) has been testing various shipping methods. Yesterday, she shipped me a box of cookies wrapped in a cold pack. While the cookies were good prior to the cold pack, the cold pack made a huge difference and I can safely say that the cookies are out of this world. Plus, I get a free cold pack to use in Fuzz’s lunch box.

The last time I tried Alexandra’s cookies, I picked White Chocolate Cranberry Walnut Wish as my favorite; but now I think my new favorite is New York Cowgirl, which is a fat, dense, fudgy, chocolate cookie with pretzels and chili. As far as size goes, Gael Greene described Alexandra’s cookies as “human size” which made me laugh because of course that means human size as opposed to Big Foot size like other gourmet cookies. Not that I have a problem with that.

Human Size Cookie

New York Cowgirl

Super Fudgy Center

Split Cookie

Cranberry Cookie

Cranberry Cookie

Split!

Split Cookie

Alexandra’s cookie are fairly prices as far as mail order cookies go. And in this case, you get really fresh, delicious cookies! But if you live in Texas, you are in luck. Alexandra is offering FREE 1 DAY UPS shipping! Take advantage of it while you can.

I hope Alexandra does well because I really like her cookies and I appreciate that she donates part of her profits to public schools (Donorschoose.org). She is open to wholesale, so if you work for a company that needs corporate gifts, you might want to give the cookies a try. Or hey, you could make all your company’s cookies yourself? What? No?

Alexandra’s cookies are the closest I’ve come to homemade in a mail order cookie. And I hate saying this, but I think her New York Cowgirl is better than my Tex Mex Chocolate cookie.

Comments

You’re really making me want to try these and there really are ENOUGH cookies around here! Hope she does great, with Mrs. Fields out of the picture now, I know the world can use another cookie out there. They look great!

2. Karen says

Anna,
    I have never posted a comment before but follow your blog daily after learning about it on Cooking Light blog. I have made several of your cookie recipes are they were all awesome. My favorite so far are the Levain Copycat cookies. I have a question. I want to make a cookie cake for my son in a sheet cake pan. Should I double a chocolate chip cookie recipe to make enough for that size? Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

3. Jilly says

Anna, what’s the Austin connection with this company? I guess I’m too new to the blog to understand. I just ordered her 24 pack but didn’t really understand the details for shipping to Austin. Does she have a kitchen here or a wholesale account that she could ship to?

These look great! They look slightly “gooey” inside like a Levian cookie. That’s my favorite kind of cookie, especially chocolate. In fact, the chocolate cookies look like brownies inside.

Hi Karen,

Let me get back to you on that via email. I am not sure the Levain copycat would transition well to a giant cake-size cookie. However, I do have a recipe somewhere in my files that makes a good big cookie.

Jilly, Alexandra lives and works here in Austin! She moved here not too long ago from New York City. So all the cookies are baked here and shipped to wherever.

6. Therese B. says

HEY!

YUMMY….YOU GO ALEXANDRA!!!! I love it when women open new doors of business!!! I will check out her online store!

7. Karen says

Thanks Anna,
    The party is this Saturday if you can find it before then. I wasn’t planning on using the Levain as I agree it wouldn’t be the best.

Thank you Anna! I’m thrilled that you enjoyed my cookies and I’m overwhelmed by your kind words and awesome photos. I have been reading your blog since I moved to Austin in October and everyday you impress me more with your creativity, honesty and ability to make delicious cookies!
    Sweetly,
    Alexandra
    FYI- Houstons is my favorite restaurant too- as is the veggie burger – it’s simply brilliant!