Another Nutella Cookie

by on February 11, 2009 · 15 comments

This is how I usually like Nutella — sandwiched in between cookies and mixed with nothing.

Hazelnut Chocolate Linzer Tortes

My friend Rachel likes to spread it between thin ginger cookies.

Published on February 11, 2009

dawn February 11, 2009 at 9:06 am

Yep, that’s how I like it too.

Louise February 11, 2009 at 9:11 am

Forget it. Just get the jar and a spoon. :-)

Pam February 11, 2009 at 10:58 am

I love to dip strawberries in Nutella, but I think I’d like it on or in almost anything!

clumbsycookie February 11, 2009 at 11:07 am

I love to eat it with crunchy bread sticks as well!:)

Kristin February 11, 2009 at 11:11 am

I’m with Louise. Nutella straight out of a jar is fine by me. These do look delicious though…

Sara February 11, 2009 at 11:22 am

I made one of Giada’s nutella cookie recipes, they were quite good, but the nutella flavor didn’t come through as much as I would have liked.

Katrina February 11, 2009 at 11:59 am

When we made Linzer Sables for TWD, that’s exactly what I sandwiched in between mine, in fact, they look just like the picture you linked here.
Definitely think Nutella is best on something rather than baked in it, you just can’t taste it when it’s baked. Love Nutella though, but try not to eat it too much!
“Say, I like it, Sam-I-am!
And I will eat it in a car and on a train and in the rain and on a boat and with a goat…..!”

Pearl February 11, 2009 at 12:17 pm

gimme a spoon.

Jennifer February 11, 2009 at 1:31 pm

I love mine just that way too!

Blond Duck February 11, 2009 at 2:03 pm

I just hand my husband the jar. Anything else is a waste of perfectly good cookies.

mariana February 11, 2009 at 3:48 pm

i got a problem. i was just trying to cook the Rocky Road Fudge Brownie Muffins, from the bake sale section.
i guess it’s got something to do with altitude(i live in a city 8,750 ft above sea level), because although the batter was ok, i left them in the oven the time you specified at the temperature you specified, and somehow, the center still seem, well… raw
i tried one, and the flavour’s great, it’s well cooked around the edges… it’s just the middle part that still looks like raw dough
any ideas why this might have happened??

Anna February 11, 2009 at 4:08 pm

Hi Mariana,

Not sure what happened. I’m not familiar with high altitute adjustments, but it sounds like the heat was too high. I guess the adjustment would be to lower the heat 25 degrees and cook longer.

Louise February 11, 2009 at 4:12 pm

Here’s a starting point of what needs to be considered –
http://www.swcoloradohome.com/articles/food/020114_b.asp If you Google “high altitude baking” you’ll get all kinds of tips.

bakingblonde February 11, 2009 at 8:06 pm

I am so graving anything nutty or peanut buttery. I hate these recalls on my fave food!! BOOO

Rina February 11, 2009 at 8:52 pm

Anna & everyone =),

I realize this may be a bit late, but look at this cool Q & A with Jacques Torres through the NY Times:

I’ll try to brainstorm questions…