Eva Longoria’s Pan de Polvo

by on July 2, 2009 · 9 comments

Our favorite TV shows are between seasons, so Todd & I took drastic measures and bought Showtime. We watched a whole season of Tudors, cried when it was done, then turned to Nurse Jackie and Dexter which are both very good. Still, I miss Wisteria Lane and am looking forward to the new season of Desperate Housewives. My favorite houswife is Bree, but I like Gaby too. This cookie isn’t from Gaby, but rather Eva Longoria who likes to cook and last I heard, was opening a restaurant in L.A.. I really don’t know anything about that, but this cookie caught my eye because it calls for soaked anise seeds and cinnamon sticks. Sounds interesting.

Eva Longoria’s pan de polvo

Published on July 2, 2009

Pearl July 2, 2009 at 2:01 pm

i love desperate housewives, too! and whatdya know? bree is also my favorite! i also love lynette – how strong she is; and tom, who i think is one of the most adorable husbands on wisteria lane!

Kaitlin July 2, 2009 at 2:07 pm

Those cookies look pretty yummy. I love cookies rolled in cinnamon & sugar. Yes, Eva opened her restaurant, Beso, in March of 2008. :)

janet July 2, 2009 at 2:18 pm

Anna, where do you find the time to locate all the wonderful recipes, articles, etc. you share with us daily???? You are just amazing! I agree with you about Desperate….can’t wait until it’s back on in the fall. I’ve been watching reruns on Lifetime. Thanks for the recipe! Hope you and your family have a terrific 4th of July!!!

clumbsycookie July 2, 2009 at 4:19 pm

I LOVE polvorones! What I don’t love is in between seasons Tv shows! I’m looking forward for Private Practice myself…

Anna July 3, 2009 at 6:01 am

Kaitlin, thanks for that link. We’re going to have to try that place next time we’re in CA.

Janet, I have various Google alerts set. If you need help, I can show you how to set them up on your computer.

Rita, I hate between seasons too. Getting Showtime was the best decision ever. Okay, not really “ever” but it was a good one. The first thing we watched was The Tudors Season 3. I cried when we were done with that series. Can’t wait for the next season of that.

Sue July 3, 2009 at 9:19 am

That seems like an unusual recipe for Mexican Wedding Cakes! You’ll have to let us know if you try it.
We’re also Desperate Housewife fans and have been missing Wisteria Lane. Wouldn’t it be a hoot if someone in real life actually published Brie’s cookbook!!
We’ve been watching more old movies to fill the void left by summer TV, and reading more.

Barbara July 5, 2009 at 6:57 pm

Bree is my favorite, too. I read in People Magazine (a May one, I believe) an article about Eva’s place. There was also a recipe of her Guacamole.

alyshalynn December 4, 2009 at 12:19 am

so here’s the deal, there are actually two kinds of mexican wedding cookies. the recipe here (rolled in sugar and spices) is usually only found in south texas/north eastern mexico and this is a pretty classic take on it. they are actually most popular around christmas where many people give them as gifts. my niƱeras used to give dozens upon dozens of coffee cans each year filled with them, and they typically come in a little flower shape about an inch round and very flat. i think they are wayyy better than regular mexican wedding cookies, which really have no spices and are only rolled in powdered sugar.

Anna December 4, 2009 at 7:24 am

Thanks A!

Now that the holidays are here, I’ll have to try these.