Win $2,500 for your Spooktacular Idea

Halloween is drawing near and the time to bake frightening treats is now!  If you haven’t already started dreaming up Halloween treats, here’s a little motivation:  Nestle Toll House is giving one grand prize winner $2,500 for coming up with a Spooktacular Baking Activity.

So what’s a “Baking Activity”?  In this case, it’s a project that culminates in an edible Halloween treat. And of course Toll House wants you to use their products – specifically, refrigerated cookie dough.  For more information and to enter, go to the Toll House Facebook page, show Toll House some “Like” love, and enter your creation. Just follow the links and make sure to read the rules. For instance, the project should be easy enough for a 3 to 12 year old to follow. You must be 18 years of age to enter, so obviously you don’t have to let the kids into the kitchen to do this, but make sure it’s an activity they could actually do.

As an added bonus and to offset the cost of your cookie dough, I am giving free coupons away to two commenters. For a chance at winning two coupons, each for a package of free cookie dough, tell me what you would do with $2,500.   I’m going to pick the commenters by noon tomorrow.

Comments

with $2,500, i would revamp my kitchen to accomodate all my baking needs, so i could just bake all dayy :) that would be heaven…haha, but realistically, i would just put it into savings.

2. ladywild says

Oh man. The one project we never make money for is replacing my cabinet doors in my kitchen. I hate them. They are white laminate…ugh! 2500 would be a great start to the project.

3. Suzy says

I’d give $250 to the local radio station fund drive,
    put some towards the mortgage and retirement, and get the porch screened in!

4. Carrie says

1. Match my fund raising donation total for TouchPoint Autism Services.
    2. Book our honeymoon for May 2011; we’re thinking Sedona, AZ!

5. Pam Shank says

Our bedroom needs a serious makeover. We are redoing my kitchen next summer so it would be nice to put in that fund…then again with 11 grandchildren and Christmas coming up that would probably be the number 1 use.

6. Melissa says

$2,500 is wedding money!

Or possibly travel money to go to Hawaii next fall for our good friends’ wedding.

And/or also money for our future together.

Basically, $2,500 makes life a little easier for 2 poor kids in love :)

7. Ram says

I’m going to pay my debt. I lost my job therefore no income and this is a good opportunity to do it.

With $2,500, I’d pay for my husband and me to visit his family and friends in New Hampshire for the holidays (we live in Iowa).

9. heather says

Christmas and Vacation!!! those have to be the best 2 words in the English language. $2500 would def cover those.

10. Maria says

I would buy for myself the only thing that is on my christmas list – a stand mixer! Then I would take a trip or two to visit some of my old roommates that are scattered throughout the country.

11. Granny Jacque says

I would engrave “I love you” on each of my 13 large cookie sheets which I plan to leave each of my children and grandchildren when I am gone to remind them of my love for them and baking. The rest would go into savings.

12. Alyson says

I’d get a chest freezer for the garage and a little wine refrigerator for my kitchen. For my husband I’d plan a weekend getaway. We’ve been wanting to see Fredericksburg.

I would put it towards paying off one of my parent’s credit card bills, and any left over, a plane ticket to see them. Fall makes me sentimental.

Well, let’s see….my husband is currently unemployed and we’re going to Disney in November (a trip we’ve had planned for a long time – way before he got laid off). So, we could definitely use $2500. And if we don’t win, I’d just find solace in some cookie dough.

15. Quessa says

I would use $2,500 to complete more college classes since I can’t afford it, and help my mother and grand mother with bills since we are laid off and their are no jobs out there due to the bad economy. It would help our stress levels and it might even give a few smiles instead of depression.

16. Darlia says

oH my I can’t wait to get my kids involved in this one. I love to bake and cook. I know they will enjoy making a gholish ghosty creation……Darlia.