Halloween is different now that we're empty nesters, but I have fond memories of my daughter's years of trick-or-treating and am grateful to have a kid who was kind enough to share her candy. I surely wasn't that generous with mine! Anyhow, if you do have a trick-or-treater who can part with some of their haul, here are a few Halloween candy recipes. Or to be more accurate, recipes that use Halloween candy. You can take the candy and use it for Thanksgiving and even Christmas treats!
- Butterfinger Bark -- Recipe calls Butterfinger Bits, but any crushed Butterfingers work.
- Butterfinger Cookies -- Thick peanut butter cookies with candy in them.
- Brownie Bottom Butterfinger Ice Cream Pie -- Mixed in ice cream and put in a brownie crusted pie.
- Butterfinger Icebox Cake -- Presentation needs updating, but good idea.
Milky Way Bars in Baking
The best way to use Milky Way bars is to chop them up, pile them on warm brownies, then let the slightly melted bars set. There are also recipes for Milky Way Cake, but I can't recall every trying one.
- Snicker Cookies - Taneka gave me this one years ago. I need to take new photos, but the recipe was good and has positive reviews.
- Snickers Bar Brownies -- Again, if all else fails chop it up and put it on brownies.
- Carmelitas -- A Snickers twist on an old Pillsbury Bake-off Classic.
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
Reese's are perfect for so many Halloween Candy recipes, so I am only listing a few top favorites here.
- Frito Candy -- One of the trashiest recipes of all time, and a great way to use Reese's peanut butter cups! I love this candy with Fritos or Bugles.
- Chop them up and put them in these Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies.
M&Ms Halloween Candy Recipes
I buy these every year because I know that if we don't get any trick-or-treaters, I'll always find ways to bake with M&Ms.
- Small Batch Monsters
- M&Ms Cookies -- I still think these are the best.
- M&M Bars
- M&Ms Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake -- This is my favorite.
- M&Ms in an Oreo Chunk Cookie that's really just a good all-around chocolate chip cookie recipe you should try one day.
- Kit Kats rank in my top 5 candies, though I don't really bake with them. They are fabulous to use as borders for Kit Kat Cakes, but weird chopped up in cookies. I do like the homemade mock Kit Kat Bars, though.
Hershey Bars and Milk Chocolate
There are tons of things you can do with milk chocolate. The Hershey Bar Pie and the Milk Chocolate Fudge are two that I make fairly often. The Milk Chocolate Pudding is a good one which I should make more often.
Nestle Crunch Bars Recipes
I loved these as a kid, but am indifferent to them as an adult unless they are used in these cookies. Nestle Crunch Bars work well with anything that has malt.
- Malted Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies -- Such a great use for those Nestle party size bars! The difficult part is getting kids to share the few Crunch bars from the haul. You may have to just buy a bag of party size to use in these malt flavored chocolate chip cookies.